$ Min. 23,85$ / h
Max. 35,50$ / h
Nurses are responsible for a range of nursing care services given according to the biopsychosocial needs of patients or groups of people entrusted to them.
Nurses evaluate patients’ health, determine and administer a care plan and nursing treatments. They provide nursing and medical care and treatment to maintain or restore health and prevent diseases.
Nurses plan, provide and evaluate educational programs for patients, their loved ones, as well as for groups of people. They also participate in research for promoting health and preventing disease.
Nursing programs are offered in most regions in Québec.
All CEGEPS with nursing programs are affiliated to a university in order to offer a continuum of professional education at the CEGEP and undergraduate levels (DEC-BAC).
- Must be a good communicator and listener
- Must be responsible and organized
- Must enjoy physical work and handling (medical) instruments
- Must enjoy working in a team with colleagues and other professionals
- Must have excellent initiative and be able to work autonomously
- Must have good summarizing and analytical skills
- Must love contact with the public
- Must manage stress well
Personality Type (RIASEC)SIA
- S - Prefers to be in contact with people and to help them
- I - Prefers studying, understanding and solving problems
- A - Prefers completing creative tasks
Nurses practice in:
- Rehabilitation centres
- Residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs)
- Local community social service centres (CLSCs)
- Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (in French only)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses - Emploi-Québec (in French only)
- Video: Discover a career in nursing – Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (in French only)
- Video: Testimony of a nurse – Santé Outaouais (in French only)
- Video: Testimony of a nurse – Visez (in French only)