$ Min. 24,27$ / h
Max. 43,25$ / h
Nurse clinicians are responsible for a range of nursing care services given according to the biopsychosocial needs of patients or groups of people entrusted to them.
Nurse clinicians evaluate the health of patients, determine and provide care and nursing treatment plans for those presenting complex health problems and varied biopsychosocial dimensions. They provide nursing and medical care and treatment to maintain or restore health and prevent diseases. They design, apply and evaluate care programs requiring advanced knowledge and aimed at complex health problems or those with varied biopsychosocial dimensions.
Nurse clinicians participate in clinical development and adapt clinical and care quality evaluation tools. They coordinate team work and play an advisory role with colleagues and interdisciplinary teams. On behalf of patients, nurse clinicians identify needs and services requiring coordination within the establishment and between different facilities or organizations. They coordinate such services where applicable.
Nurse clinicians train new staff and participate in the training of interns. They supervise educational programs for patients, their loved ones, as well as for groups of people as part of specific programs and contribute to research.
A nurse clinician must hold an undergraduate degree in nursing sciences. This degree is offered in 9 universities.
- Université de Montréal (in French only)
- Université de Sherbrooke (in French only)
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC) (in French only)
- Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR) (in French only)
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) (in French only)
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (UQAT) (in French only)
- Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO) (in French only)
- Université Laval (in French only)
- Université McGill
- Must be a good communicator and listener
- Must be responsible and organized
- Must enjoy working in a team with colleagues and other professionals
- Must have excellent initiative and be able to work autonomously
- Must have good summarizing and analytical skills
- Must know how to observe and analyze situations and people
- Must love contact with the public
- Must manage stress well
Personality Type (RIASEC)SIA
- S - Prefers to be in contact with people and to help them
- I - Prefers studying, understanding and solving problems
- A - Prefers completing creative tasks
Nurse clinicians work in:
- Rehabilitation centres
- Residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs)
- Local community social service centres (CLSCs)
- Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (in French only)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses - Emploi-Québec (in French only)
- Video: Testimony of a nurse clinician – ULSanté (in French only)