$ Min. 19,47$ / h
Max. 21,37$ / h
Orderlies provide basic care to patients. They maintain a presence and offer physical assistance, helping with the recovery and maintenance of patients’ health. They are part of the nursing staff and help nursing assistants.
Orderlies help patients in the morning, during meals and at bedtime. They help them bathe, dress or undress, and are responsible for the bedding. They provide patients with the appropriate care and respect their integrity and dignity in an aim to contribute to their well-being.
Healthcare assistance training programs are offered in most regions in Québec.
- Must be a good communicator and listener
- Must be in great physical condition
- Must be responsible and organized
- Must enjoy completing repetitive tasks according to established standards
- Must enjoy physical work and handling (medical) instruments
- Must enjoy working in a team with colleagues and other professionals
- Must have excellent initiative and be able to work autonomously
- Must love contact with the public
Personality Type (RIASEC)SRC
- S - Prefers to be in contact with people and to help them
- R - Prefers practical work and handling tools
- C - Prefers to work in a methodical and structured way, according to established standards
Orderlies mainly work in:
- Rehabilitation centres
- Residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs)
- Local community social service centres (CLSCs)