$ Min. 19,08$ / h
Max. 22,96$ / h
Medical secretaries receive patients, transcribe medical reports, book appointments and maintain files in order to ensure efficient service. They protect document confidentiality and file items in a way that is easily retrievable.
Medical secretary schools and training programs with specialized professional certificates are offered in most regions of Québec.
- Must be a good communicator
- Must be responsible and organized
- Must enjoy completing repetitive tasks according to established standards
- Must enjoy physical work and handling (medical) instruments
- Must exercise discretion
- Must have excellent initiative and be able to work autonomously
- Must love contact with the public
Personality Type (RIASEC)CSA
- C - Prefers to work in a methodical and structured way, according to established standards
- S - Prefers to be in contact with people and to help them
- A - Prefers completing creative tasks
Medical secretaries mainly work in hospitals.